2011/07/24

back on track

I'm returning to the plan from 2003. I've been losing about three pounds a month since March.

I also finally got some pharmacy issues sorted out, and have glucose meter test strips again. Early results are good:
  • Most results are in the normal range, less than 100 mg/dL glucose.
  • I am still subject to some version of the "dawn phenomenon", with morning fasting readings around 120.
  • On the other hand, I may have responded "non-diabetically" to a big dish of ice cream right as I started testing, with a 2-hour postprandial reading of 128. (But see below. And no, big dishes of ice cream are not part of the plan.)
Separating meals by a minimum of four hours is critically important for these results.

In the next series of tests, I need to get a better idea of where my postrprandial peak falls. I know it's longer than two hours, probably closer to three. With that done, I'll post more detailed results.

I have some new ideas about the elevated waking readings - sleep apnea has been ruled out - and hope to be able to score some more strips to test those soon.

p.s. I've updated the dataset download page with PDFs of some input and outcome overviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment